International Degree-Seeking Students
Requirements for admission to the University of Arkansas Graduate School are as follows:
- A conferred baccalaureate degree. Students who have not completed their baccalaureate degree at the time of application must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA on the last 60.0 credit hours of attempted coursework. Students who have a degree at the time of application must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA on the last 60.0 credit hours of attempted coursework from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- A conferred post-baccalaureate, master, or doctoral degree (excluding professional degrees) from a regionally accredited institution.
Admission to the Graduate School is the first step. You must also be admitted to an academic program:
- Your desired degree program will make the formal admission decision based upon factors including GPA, letters of recommendation, GRE (or other graduate-level standardized test) scores.
- Degree programs may have additional requirements, such as statement of purposes, resume or CV, writing sample, and more that must be submitted before the admission decision is made. Please see the degree program or department website for further items that may be required.
Important Note: Some departments require that you submit a separate application to them in addition to submitting an application to the Graduate School. This means that in addition to following the Graduate School procedures outlined on this page, you should go to the homepage of the department to which you are applying and read about the application procedures for that department and degree program. Some departments, for example, may require writing samples, statements of purpose, letters of recommendation, or other materials, and their deadlines may be different from those of the Graduate School.
- Online Application for Graduate Admission
- $75.00 non-refundable application fee
- For evaluation purposes, you may submit an unofficial copy of your transcript(s)
from the university where you received or will receive your first bachelor’s degree.
Upon admission, students will be required to submit official transcripts with degree
confirmation for enrollment privileges. Official transcripts should be mailed to:
Graduate and International Admissions
340 N. Campus Drive
Gearhart Hall 213
1 University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701
- If required by program, request official GRE scores be sent directly to the University of Arkansas (institution code=6866). Other graduate-level standardized tests (such as MAT and GMAT) may be submitted in lieu of the GRE.
- If your native language is not English: submit verification of English proficiency
Response times will vary depending upon the volume of applications and time of year. If you have not heard from us in this time frame, you are welcome to contact us at email@example.com.
When your file is complete, you will be notified. If you meet Graduate School admission requirements and are seeking a degree, your file will be forwarded to the academic program for their admission decision. You are strongly encouraged to contact the department regarding any additional application requirements, application deadlines, or information they may have for you.