Academic Records (Transcripts)
Unofficial transcripts are uploaded as part of the application process.
Upload unofficial copies* academic records/transcripts/mark sheets into your UA Connect applicant center. For evaluation purposes, you may submit an unofficial copy of each transcript needed. Instructions for uploading your transcript(s) will be sent to you when your application is processed. Review of your application will begin once all documents needed for evaluation have been submitted.
Official transcripts are needed if you're offered admission and you want to enroll.
The UA considers the following as official:
1. Official academic records are mailed directly to the University of Arkansas by the student's prior institution(s). The student has no direct contact with these documents.
Alternatively, if the institution does not mail documents directly to other institutions, documents may be given to the student in a sealed and stamped envelope, which the student delivers to the Graduate and International Admissions Office upon arrival to campus. The student is not permitted to open the envelope, unsealed documents will be considered unofficial.
2. Schools in China: Academic documents from China — including transcripts, graduation certificates, and degree certificates in Chinese and in English — must be verified by the China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC) and mailed directly to the Graduate and International Admissions Office by the CDGDC. Documents held by the student will not be considered verified.
Admission based on uploaded transcripts is contingent on receipt of official transcripts. Students will be able to enroll only after official records are received.
Academic records will be accepted as official only if they have been certified by appropriate university officials. Photocopies of certified documents are not considered official. Faxed documents, scanned documents, notarized photocopies, and copies made by translators or evaluation agencies are not considered official.
Admission may be rescinded if discrepancies exist between uploaded transcripts and official documents.
Official academic records include:
- Transcripts and/or mark sheets showing the grades earned in each course.
- If the academic records are in a language other than English, you must submit both the original-language documents and a literal, word-for-word English translation.
- A diploma or certificate of graduation. (Not required if the transcript includes the name of the degree and the date it was conferred.)
- The Diploma Supplement, if the degree is Bologna-compliant.