Admitted International Undergraduate Student Guide

Admitted International Undergraduate Student Guide (PDF)

Congratulations On Your Admission to the University of Arkansas

We look forward to welcoming you to campus.

Pre-Arrival Checklist

Admission Letter

Please make sure that your degree program and start term are correct. If you have questions about your admission letter, please contact the Graduate and International Admissions Office at, or your academic program.

Registering for Classes

International undergraduate students will register for classes during the International Student Orientation. After meeting with an academic advisor who will assist you in selecting appropriate classes, you will use your U of A email and password to log into UAConnect to register.

The process for registering is:

  1. See you advisor during Orientation.
  2. Use your UARK e-mail ID and password to log in UAConnect.


Freshmen under the age of 21 are required to live on campus. The University of Arkansas Housing Office is your source for a wide selection of on-campus options.

For other undergraduate students, as well as graduate students, housing options are abundant throughout Fayetteville. Many apartment complexes and neighborhoods are on or near one of the Razorback Transit bus routes, making it very convenient for students to get to campus. To search for housing and compare prices and amenities, visit the University’s free housing database on the Off-Campus Housing site.

International Students and Scholars Office

The International Students and Scholars (ISS) Office is here to help as you prepare for your arrival to Fayetteville. Whether it is information regarding new student orientation, campus events and programs, or questions about your immigration status while on campus, the ISS is here for you.

Make sure you read any emails you receive from the ISS Office, as they will contain important information you need to know as you begin your journey to the University of Arkansas.

Visit I S S Link or the International Students and Scholars site.

English Writing Score

For enrollment, non-native speakers of English are required to demonstrate an acceptable writing proficiency score. If you meet the minimum writing score requirement you will not be required to take an English Language and Culture class your first semester. Please refer to your official admission letter for and make note of any English Language and Culture (ELAC) courses that have been assessed. For detailed information on course placement for enrollment, please visit the International Admissions English Proficiency page.

International Student Check-in/Orientation

Upon arrival at the University of Arkansas, all international students are REQUIRED to attend an Immigration Basics session. Be sure to bring ALL of your immigration documents, including passport with visa stamp, I-94 card and I-20 or DS-2019 to your session. In addition, all new international students are expected to attend International Student Orientation (separate from Graduate Student Orientation). For the Immigration Basics Calendar or more information about international Student Orientation, visit Internation Students & Scholars.


All persons applying for F or J student visas must pay a one time SEVIS I-901 processing fee of $350 USD (F-1) or $220 USD (J-1) prior to applying for the visa. We encourage you to pay the fee as soon as you can to avoid delays in applying for a visa. This fee is valid for any U.S. university you choose. You will need to bring a receipt for payment to your visa interview. It is important to keep this receipt with you always, even after you have obtained your visa. You may need to present it again at the U.S. Port of Entry or at future visa interviews. For information on paying this fee please go to

Center for Education Access

The Center for Educational Access (CEA) serves as the central campus resource for helping students with disabilities obtain the accommodations they need for equal access to classroom activity. In partnership with students, faculty, and staff, CEA staff members work with students individually to assist academic units to determine reasonable accommodations that will enable every student to have access to the full range of programs and services. The Center for Educational Access is located in the Arkansas Union, Room 209. Additional information may be found at the Center for Educational Access (CEA).

University ID Card

All students must have a University ID card. This card is used as identification for a university campus member, security access, enrollment verification, and meal plan access.

The Campus Card Office is located on the fourth floor of the Arkansas Union, Room 427. For new students, there is a $22 charge for your ID card. Take a valid photo ID with you: driver’s license, military ID, or passport.

Career Development Center

The University Career Development Center offers programs and services to assist you in making career related decisions that will affect your future. A complete list of services may be found at Career Development Center site or by calling 479-575-2805.

Parking and Transit

Parking at the University of Arkansas requires a U of A parking permit. You can purchase your permit once you have registered for classes. Pricing information is available at Transit & Parking or by calling 479-575-7275. Temporary visitor parking permits may also be purchased here for a day or week at a nominal fee. Free bus service is provided by Razorback Transit (479-575-7433). Razorback Transit buses have wheelchair lifts and bike racks. Transit services are provided from 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday during the fall and spring semesters. Reduced bus services are available during finals and summer sessions. Find route maps and additional information at Transit Services.

Pat Walker Health Center

The Pat Walker Health Center offers proactive medical and mental health care on campus with physicians and nurse practitioners. The health center includes a medical clinic, a women’s clinic, and counseling services, as well as programs in health promotion. To learn more about student health services and graduate student health insurance, call 479-575-4451, or visit the Pat Walker Health Center website at Pat Walker Health Center.

Immunization Form

The University of Arkansas is required to comply with the State of Arkansas two-dose measles immunization regulation. In addition, you may also be asked to comply with the State of Arkansas Tuberculosis screening depending on your country of birth. If so, you will be notified by the Pat Walker Health Center. Access information on the requirement and compliance at Medical Records & Forms. Please return the Immunization Compliance form to Pat Walker Health Center, 525 N. Garland, 1 University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701. You can also email forms to Individuals who fail to comply will have a hold placed on their UAConnect account and will be unable to register as a full-time student.

Fayetteville and Northwest Arkansas

Fayetteville is linked by interstate and state highways to surrounding major cities. We guarantee your drive will include some beautiful Ozark mountain scenery.

Fayetteville and surrounding communities are serviced by the following airlines through the Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA): Allegiant Air, American, Delta, and United. Additional airport information can be found at Northwest Arkansas National Airport (XNA): Allegiant Air, American, Delta, and United.

A campus map as well as options for driving directions can found at Campus Map.

Distance from Fayetteville to surrounding major cities

City Distance
Chicago 632
Dallas 398
Kansas City 268
Little Rock 203
Louisville 598
Memphis 336
Oklahoma City 225